John Althuizen's Australian 1970 Fairlane 500
I race at the
Kwinana Motorplex ( www.motorplex.com.au) in
the Super Street bracket, Perth
, Western Australia.
Car is based on an original body and fitted with...
* 9' diff and 4.30 gears, Strange spool and 31 spline axles
* Leaf spring rear end with xtra leaf and front spring clamps
* Weld in chassis connectors
* 50/50 rear and 90/10 shocks
* 28x9x15 MT ET Drag slicks
* VDO tach with shift light
* B&M Hammer shifter
* Original carpets and seats
* 4 Point harness
* Fuel Cell
Engine and trans........
* 460ci Ford Racing crate motor 10.5:1, CJ Alli heads , hyd cam , roller
rockers etc as it landed
* Barry Grant Silver Claw 1050cfm Carb
* BG 220 pump
* Crane Hi 6 ignition
* A combination of pipes that get this exhausts out ( no room for good
Does anyone know of engine swap hedders to suit????)
* Ford C6 with JPP "R"servo and shift kit
* Dominator 3700 stall convertor(soon to be 4100 )
The car weighs 3850 pounds and best performance to date is 11.81 @ 113.8mph.
We won Western Australian Rookie of the Year in 2000/2001 , with 3rd in the
local points score.
The best 60ft is 1.65 sec .
The car is getting a full bare metal re-spray at the moment , ready for the
new season start in September.
Anyone who has experience in racing BB Fairlanes ,
it would be great to swap
ideas and results.
This Page is Part of Woody's Fairlane Site
Copyright © 1998/99/2000/2001/2002 Woody
Gummo ( All Rights Reserved )